Saturday, February 14, 2009

Unleash your E71



Nokia E71 is the most complete and most premium E series to date ever produce by Nokia. As the highest rating (and one of the most expensive), user like me will always seek for any possible feature has is not published by Nokia.

Thanks to its stable and secure platform of S60, now installing application can not just simply send the SIS / SISX file to the device then install it. S60 require developer signature and valid certificate for the device can accept the application.


But it will not stops creative people to pass thru it. First, download HelloOX.Unsigned.sis and MapDrives.Unsigned.sis. Sign the application. To sign an application, go to a unofficial signature site at http://s60.vgooo.com/. Symbian signing site is closing down due to law suit from symbiansigned. Last time I found the only valid site is OPDA. Using google translate tool will help you to understand these chinese words. But the point is, first register your account (email, user name, and password) and your device IMEI. It take 24 hours for approval. Visit the site following day and login. Upload the HelloOX.Unsigned.sis and MapDrives.Unsigned.sis to be signed.

After signed, download the application and send to your E71. Make sure your device is accept all application before installing. Set it at
Menu -> Installation -> App Manager -> Option -> Setting Set "Software Installation" -> All. Online certificate check -> Off Install MapDrives before HelloOx. Right after HelloOx installed, go to Menu -> Installation -> HelloOX. Just confirm several simple question, then after everything is set, you can uninstall the HelloOx.

Now, your device is ready to accept any application, no more restriction. Just make sure play safe, beware of virus. And one last word as a software developer : IF YOU LIKE THE APPLICATION, PLEASE CONSIDER TO BUY IT.

Note.
If you just desperate cannot found the HeeloOX and MapDrives, drop me an comment. I'll send you these apps.

Referrence.
KasKus

5 comments:

says said...

This patch work for all Nokia S60 as well

DeepDrown Down said...

Hi chief...I'm DEEPDROWN! as u said that it's true about difficulties downloading HeeloOX and MapDrives apps...

Well dya mind to send me yours by email to deepdrown@gmail.com ?
I really appreciate ur consideration

Tx chief

says said...

deepdrown, check your mailbox

DeepDrown Down said...

Tx Chief Chow... I have downloaded your attachment successfully, but now how to sign that?

I've tried to register my account at http://www.opda.net.cn/

But there're many strange characters and manarin words to examine carefully...

Can you spesifically assist me ( especially refer to my E71) to what i must entry row by row within the registry form?

So I can gen my solution to sign your unsigned HelloOX and MapDrivers soon :)

Unknown said...

Hi,

I am having difficulties downloading the HelloOx application as well. Would you be so kind to e-mail the app to me as well (my e-mail is DJM300 _ at _ gmail _ dot _ com) ?

Thanks!